About The RMT Christmas Club
Saving for Christmas can be a real headache. Relieve some of the stress by saving over the course of the year with the RMT Christmas Club.
- We’ll add a little extra to your savings and pay out the money ready for your Christmas shopping spree.
- Even a small amount saved each month soon adds up. Saving is made easy by Direct Debit either weekly, monthly or 4-weekly to suit your pay cycle.
- Your money is paid directly to you, so you’re in charge of your Christmas spending.
- Your savings are secure. The Financial Services Compensation Scheme protects your savings 100% up to £85,000. So with RMT CU your savings are completely secure.
- We pay a dividend per annum as accrued throughout the year.
- Our Credit Union is owned and controlled by our members.
Existing Credit Union members should only download and complete form 1 (below). New members should download and complete both forms 1 and 2.
Important information about this product
- You need to be an RMT Credit Union member to open a Christmas Club Account.
- You have to save at least £5 per month into a RMT CU account in addition to your RMT Christmas Club Account.
- You pay a weekly, monthly or 4-weekly Direct Debit consisting of your nominated Christmas Club payment plus at least £5 per month to your main RMT CU account. Christmas Club payments will run from November to October each year.
- As an RMT CU member you build up regular savings with a yearly dividend and you can apply for a low interest rate loan.
- Your Christmas Club money is separate from your regular savings account. That means you will have a guaranteed sum available for Christmas maturing every 2nd week of November, plus a savings account growing with time.
- The Christmas Club secures your money so it’s there for the Christmas period. This means that your money is locked-in and you can make no withdrawals until on or after the 2nd week of November when all of your money, plus a dividend will be paid out.
- All of your money will be paid to your bank account on the first working day after the 2nd week of November.
- If you cancel your payments the dividend is not applied and you cannot withdraw your money until after the 2nd week of November. If you think you will need access to your money before the 2nd weel of November, this account is not suitable for you.
- The Christmas Savings Club will continue year-on-year, so payments after 2nd week of November start the next year’s account. Of course if you wish to cancel your payments you are free to do so at any time.